Thursday, April 12, 2012

Deborah Allen - feltmaker



I want to introduce you to Deborah Allen, a very talented felt maker.

I met Deborah via the internet when she joined the Weavers-Spinners-UK group on Yahoo and last year she popped into the Pure Tinctoria stand at Wonderwool Wales to say hello.  She purchased the last of a lovely wool boucle yarn I was selling off because I couldn't get anymore.  At the time Deborah was going to crochet a jacket with this naturally dyed chunky wool yarn.

Deborah ended up unpicking the jacket, but has used it to great effect in some lovely Hundertwasser inspired wet felted bags that she's been developing. They are so beautiful, I couldn't resist showing them to you.

Her blog is full of wonderful felt inspiration and you can find her work for sale on Etsy.  If I had more time, I'd be back felting again!


1 comment:

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Alison :) You have brightened my day with this!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...