Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back in the loop!

Hi all

I've not really blogged properly for a few months now, what with selection to exhibit in Paris, the birth of my granddaughter, snow and computer problems!   Anyway, now that all is a bit quieter and I have a new computer I feel I can now start to blog again.

At the beginning of this year I heard that Craft and Design Magazine are running their awards again so up until 30 April you can vote for your favourite designer make.  I'd love it if you would all consider voting for me by following this link:  www.craftmaker.co.uk/alisonyule


Alternatively you could go to the website by clicking on the banner, which will take you to the page that tells you all about the awards and how to vote, then just search for Alison Yule!
craft&design Selected Awards
Publish Post
Many thanks,  Alison

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Lots of wonderful stuff on the craft awards, I've been looking at willow baskets and ceramic pots... not got around to voting yet but I think a vote for you could help boost not only your work but also the profile of weaving in the UK. Oh, and I do love your weaving!!!

Willington Weaver said...

Hi Dorothy

thanks so much for your lovely comment, it's so appreciated!

The profile of weave in an arts context and in the craft and design world really do need a boost. So much time goes into weave that it becomes very difficult to compete with other forms of art and craft.

Collette Lewis said...

Hi Alison!

I have registered on the craft and design website and voted for you! Thankyou for all the lovely comments you post on my blog too! I miss working with you, glad you like my colours so far! And those beach huts are such nice colours aren't they? I really like them! Almost finished threading my loom today, I do so miss your beautiful loom! I am thinking about getting a table loom for when I graduate? Any suggestions?

Collette

Willington Weaver said...

Hi Collette

It was lovely having you work for me!

Your colours are fabulous for your final project, I can't wait to see it in June.

As to looms, Ashford are good value for money and Louet, although the Louet Combo's overslung batten is not as good as the Ashford one!

Alison

weaverjane said...

Hi Alison,
Just writing to say thank you for inspiring me. We met at your talk at the Hallamshire Guild. I got up at 6 today to do 'wild' weaving. Massive change in scale - from my finer yarns. I even got my spinning wheel out to ply some yarns together. thanks
Jane (Bradford HNC)

Willington Weaver said...

Hello Jane
it was lovely to meet and chat with you too!
Please feel free to contact me, as we talked about, I'd be happy to meet you and talk about design!

Take care
Alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...