Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Monday Class

The Monday spinning, weaving and dyeing class have been following the design workshop I developed for the Online Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. I encouraged them to use the ideas to develop a range of colour to use in an acid space dyeing workshop. I am so pleased with the work that I wanted to share it with you all.

This is an image from last weeks class.

Bottom fibres are Wenslydale and the hank above were both dyed in a similar bath by me!

The hank above were fibres dyed by Lesley, spun and plied with itself.

The little centre pull ball in orange was spun with beads, also by Lesley.





The bottom two hanks on the right were fibres dyed by Hazel. The bottom one was spun and plied with itself and the one above, spun and plied with a white singles.
The fibres at the top left were dyed by Anne Warwick.








The image on the left is Anne Warwicks design, colour study, dye record book, fibres and yarns.


I will post more of the results later, please call back to see them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...